Revitalize Nutritionist, Fazal, explains that juicing is a bad way to try and lose weight, that eating carbohydrates is fine and that healthy eating has to be a long term change
- Try to take 15-20 minutes to finish meals. It takes a while for your body to regulate your appetite form the moment you start eating so eating slowly will help to prevent overeating and feeling too stuffed.
- Liquid diets are NOT a good way to lose weight. Theyâ€™re unsustainable, leave you hungry and more than likely deficient on certain minerals. On top of that itâ€™s very easy to overconsume because you donâ€™t feel fill and this could even mean no weight is lost at all.
- Carbohydrates are not the enemy! But many high carbohydrate foods are easy to overeat and contain lots of calories. Try to push most of your carbohydrates after a workout when they will be more readily used for recovery.
- Donâ€™t fear the scales. Progress tracking is very important to make sure that things are going as they should be. This could include regular weigh ins, progress pictures and body fat measurements.
- Healthy eating isnâ€™t a temporary change or else you will always resort back to your old habits. Focus on making small steady changes to your lifestyle, habits and mind-set whilst trying to maintain these during the toughest times of your life.