Difficulty falling asleep? Waking up a lot in the night? In this week’s monday post, Iulia is going to help you to get some decent shut eye
I have to say, I myself have hugely benefited from Iulia’s advice around sleep. You should try her top tips. Good quality sleep is linked to better work and sporting performance. But it also lowers our risk of obesity, heart disease, dementia and more.
Without further adieu, here are Iulia’s top tips for better sleep!
- Exercise – regular physical exercise significantly improves sleep quality. Try to go out for a brisk walk in the morning or during your lunch break to get some fresh air and natural light.
- Improve magnesium levels – Stress and a non-organic diet high in sugar can often leave us depleted in magnesium, leading to insomnia, headaches, muscle cramps and a sluggish bowel. Try having Epsom salt baths regularly using 2-3 big mugs per bath. Other natural sources of magnesium include almonds, bananas, spinach, black beans, pumpkin seeds and cashew nuts so make sure you’re eating some of these regularly or get in touch with Iulia for advice on supplementation.
- Boost your natural melatonin production – Melatonin is our sleep hormone which we only produce when we are exposed to darkness in the evening. Make sure to keep the lights dimmed, reduce the brightness on your screens to a minimum and look into installing a Bluelight filter app on your phone. Certain foods can also help increase melatonin: pistachio nuts, sour tart cherries and kiwis – that’s your pudding sorted then!
- Hypoglycemia or low blood sugar levels can also reduce sleep quality – Try to have a healthy snack high in complex carbohydrates before going to bed (such as oat crackers with almond butter), especially if you’ve had dinner quite early. This will help prevent hunger from waking you up too early.
- Herbal medicine – When used under the advice of a medical herbalist, herbal remedies can be very effective at improving sleep quality, fatigue and wellbeing. Common herbs used include Passionflower, Valerian, Skullcap, California Poppy, Chamomile and Lavender.
Do you need help to improve your sleep quality, energy levels and general wellbeing? Get in touch with Iulia today to book your consultation.
Interested in becoming more mobile or pain free?
Award winning Revitalize Clinic, gets patients pain free in record time using proven methods of pain science
Book your FREE consultation or start treatment straight away, at the clinic, online or via home visit. Gravesend based Osteopaths, Physiotherapists and Sports therapists will have you pain free faster.
You will be Pain Free Faster with us
In your first appointment, a thorough diagnosis will tell you the cause of your pain. You’ll know step by step how we plan to get you pain free. Using treatment, self treatment and lifestyle advice that puts you in control.
We Have your Back
Imagine having professional help at the click of a button, wherever you go. Flare ups can happen between appointments. Your practitioner will be at the end of a phone, email or text throughout the process. It’s horrible having to wait for advice. We understand the panic. That’s why we’re available at all times
Video Guided Plans
You’re in control of your pain and your progression between every appointment. Your video guided mobilisation and strengthening plan will make sure that not only will your pain reduce during the appointment, but at home as well.
Find out more at www.revitalizeclinic.co.uk/osteopathy
#Physio #physiotherapist #physiotherapy #physicaltherapy #sportsphysio #sportsphysiotherapy #trainer #personaltrainer #coach #strengthcoach #osteopath #osteopathy #chiropractic#chiropractor #sportstherapy #sportstherapist #rehab #myotherapy #kinesiotherapy #exercisephysiology #exercisephysiologist #dptstudent #gravesend #nhs #london #kent