The short days and cold nights…. who will rescue us from this gloom?
A spicy, thick black bean curry with succulent soy chunks (get them from Holland and Barrett) that keep you feeling full but light and fights inflammation?
Look no further, I have written you a recipe.
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp tandoori masala
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp cumin
- half an onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 peppers (1 orange, 1 red)
- 3 tins ofblack beans
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- vegetable stock
- half a tin of coconut milk
- 1 cup of dehydrated soy chunks
- Allow a scotch bonnet pepper to soak whilst cooking
- Fry the seasoning in shallow vegetable oil for 2mins.
2. Finely chop the base and add, covered, regularly stirring on a low heat for 15 mins
3. Add the beans, tomatoes and stock and cover for 45mins on a low heat with the scotch bonnet dunked. Add more coconut milk if it starts to stick
4. After 45mins the beans should have softened. Cook a little longer otherwise. Add the soy chunks, story and cover for 15 minutes
5. Serve with rice and peas and a side salad of spinach
(DO NOT EAT THE SCOTCH BONNET. REMOVE AFTER COOKING)