See Fazal, our nutritionist’s biography here. If you want to lose weight or tone up then no problem; book in a free consultation today
- The word â€˜dietâ€™ could be holding you back. Itâ€™s been shown to induce negative thoughts, stress and implies that you need to make drastic changes for the short term. What do you do when youâ€™ve finished â€˜dietingâ€™? You go back to your old ways and begin to regain weight!
- Feeling tired, lethargic, less motivated and with more aches? Itâ€™s probably not because of your age. Get yourself tested for a Vitamin D deficiency. Low levels of vitamin D are extremely common amongst both children and adults in the UK and most will never realise.
- To try and lose weight or gain muscle without keeping an eye on your diet is similar to putting on the heating in an uninsulated house â€“ you will certainly see and feel improvements but thereâ€™s so much wastage that you need to keep that heating running 24/7! On the other hand combining good nutrition and exercise has a powerful synergistic effect.
- Preparation is the key to sustaining good food and exercise habits. Start by making sure your kitchen is loaded with high quality, unprocessed, whole foods and lean meats.
- Fruit juice is often touted as â€˜healthyâ€™ but itâ€™s loaded with the sugars from fruits whilst being stripped of any fibre. It also doesnâ€™t fill you up making it easy to overconsume. We recommend ditching the fruit juice and drinking plenty of water/squash whilst increasing your vegetable intake.